Movie Info Roundup: THE DICTATOR, POMPEII, ONLY GOD FORGIVES, Ubisoft And More..I’m currently in Beverly Hills, attending a press screening. I only got a few minutes at Starbucks here so let’s do some bulletpoints for now, shall we..
- Anna Faris won the female lead role in THE DICTATOR, a new improvisational comedy ala Bruno and Borat starring Sacha Baron Cohen
- Deadline said Chris Hemsworth a.k.a THOR may join the cast of SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN. He might play the huntsman, the role that both Viggo Mortensen and Hugh Jackman previously turned down.
- Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil, THE THREE MUSKETEERS) will be directing the disaster film POMPEII based on that historic vulcanic eruption. How much you wanna bet he's going to do this in 3D?
- Deadline said Larry David (TV's Curb Your Enthusiasm) has officially signed on to co-star in The Farrelly Bros' THE THREE STOOGES Movie. David will play "mother Mengele, the unfortunate nun who runs the orphanage where the Stooges grow up and learn to create mayhem" I'm crackin' up already.
- Osama Bin Laden may already be dead in the real world, but director Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker) will still try to hunt him down in her next movie and the story will incorporate yesterday's events.
- Greta Gerwig (Arthur) and Orlando Bloom are set to star in rom-com LOLA VERSUS
- According to Cineuropa, via The Playlist, Luke Evans and Kristin Scott Thomas will star in indie drama ONLY GOD FORGIVES directed by Nicolas Winding Refn
- Barry Levinson has replaced Nick Cassavetes, as the new director of GOTTI: THREE GENERATIONS starring John Travolta, Lindsay Lohan, and Joe Pesci
- According to comingsoon, Esquire Magazine 2011's Sexiest Woman Alive, Katrina Bowden (TV's 30 Rock) is going to be the latest sexiest fish food in PIRANHA 3DD
- Lizzy Caplan, Kirsten Dunst, Adam Scott and Casey Wilson will star in an indie comedy produced by Gary Sanchez prods. boys Will Ferrell and Adam McKay, working title is BACHELORETTE, from writer/director Leslye Headland. The story is about "three best friends (two of whom would be played by Caplan and Dunst) who are invited to act as bridesmaids at the wedding of a girl they called “Pigface” in high school. The producers are still in the process of casting the third best friend."
- Ready or not, Ubisoft is going into the film and TV business
Tags: Anna Faris, Bachelorette, Chris Hemsworth, Kathryn Bigelow, Larry David, Only God Forgives, Paul W.S. Anderson, Piranha 3DD, Pompeii, Snow White And The Huntsman, The Dictator, The Three Stooges, Ubisoft
Trackback from your site.